Vision, Values and Beliefs
In partnership with the school community we aim to deliver a high quality diverse learning program in a caring, nurturing and technology rich learning environment ensuring all students have the opportunity to become successful learners, creative and confident individuals and people who make a positive contribution to the world.
The following values of our school community is reflective of Australia’s way of life and our commitment to a multicultural and environmentally sustainable society where all are entitled to justice.
- Care and Compassion: Care for self and others.
- Doing Your Best: Seek to accomplish something worthy and admirable, try hard, pursue excellence.
- Fair Go: Pursue and protect the common good where all people are treated fairly for a just society.
- Freedom: Enjoy all the rights and privileges of Australian citizenship free from unnecessary interference or control, and stand up for the rights of others.
- Integrity: Act in accordance with principles of moral and ethical conduct, ensure consistency between words and deeds.
- Respect: Treat others with consideration and regard, respect another person’s point of view.
- Responsibility: Be accountable for one’s own actions, resolve differences in constructive, non-violent and peaceful ways, contribute to society and to civic life, take care of the environment.
- Understanding, Tolerance and Inclusion: Be aware of others and their cultures, accept diversity within a democratic society, being included and including others.
- Honesty and Trustworthiness: Be honest, sincere and seek the truth.
Our Beliefs About Teaching and Learning
- Every student is entitled to receive a quality education in a nurturing caring environment
- Every child matters every day
- Every minute of every day counts
- Quality teaching produces higher performing students
- Explicit teaching practices contribute to quality teaching and learning
- The school works in partnership with parents and guardians to maximise learning and social outcomes
- Literacy and Numeracy are our core business as they form the foundation of learning in all other Learning Areas
- A focus on the implementation of effective literacy and numeracy strategies in K – 2 will form a solid foundation for future learning
- Technology will be used to enhance learning and satisfy the curiosity of students