Uniform and Dress Code
Our school uniform is now available for purchase online on the Uniform Concepts website: www.nellgray.com.au
A full range of size samples is available to view and try on at school, please enquire at the school Administration office.
All students of Wellard Primary School must wear full school uniform. The policy includes the wearing of a hat throughout the year. Our uniform consists of school polo, jackets and black bottom - shorts, skirts, skorts and tracksuits. In order to avoid injuries to feet, suitable footwear is required. The wearing of thongs is unacceptable. Runners, sandals or other covered, shoes are required to be worn at all times. Our policy of "no hat - no play" will continue throughout the whole year. To avoid the loss and inconvenience all clothing should be labelled.
- Polo Shirt - Short sleeve polo with piping and embroided logo.
- Jacket - Micro fibre zip-up, with piping and embroided logo.
- Hat - Micro fibre bucket hat with printed logo.
- Bottoms - Shorts, Skorts and Track Pants are plain black.
Guidelines and Major Strategies
- Students to wear neat plain black pants/shorts with no visible logo's.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn. Students are expected to take part in regular physical activity so joggers and trainers are the most appropriate footwear. The wearing of thongs is unacceptable.
- Students are required to wear a wide brimmed hat with school logo in line with school Sunsmart policy. These are available from Uniform Concepts or the administration office.
- Hair needs to be neat and tidy. Hair that is collar length or longer must be tied up.
- A watch and either studs or sleepers can be worn. Other items of jewellery may not to be worn for safety reasons.
- Nail polish, make up, hair pieces and tattoos are not to be worn.
If a student does not meet the requirements of the Wellard dress code these steps will be followed:
- The class teacher will explain to the student the need to be in uniform and will send them to the office to borrow the uniform item from the school.
- Problems regarding non-compliance, or requests for exemptions from the dress code must be referred to the principal.
Useful link to place an order https://www.nellgray.com.au/Schools/Wellard-Primary-School